Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

In honor of Father's Day I wanted to take the time to post about the most special "daddy" in our lives, my hubby (: Married for almost 8 years, together for 12.. I can truly say that I am blessed to have Jake in my life, and in my children's lives. Here are a few of things I appriciate most about him.
Jake LOVES his children. Nothing is more special to watch then the time this daddy spends with his children. After a long day of work, first thing in the morning or for an afternoon sprinkler play.. Jake is always excited to make the kids smile, laugh and has lots of fun with them. Daddy's favorite activity would have to be "tickle time" Nathaniel and him go at it like crazy... giggling and squealing like crazy. Ellie is finally getting old enough to start giggling and really enjoying this time with daddy as well.
Jake Loves to cook for us. This is an attribute that I appriciate so much. Even after a long day, Jake is often willing and eager to cook us some yummy grilled food or make his special breakfast meals. Nathaniel also enjoys helping daddy cook and this becomes a special time they share.
Jake is an incredibly hard worker! As the bread winner, Jake provides for this family. Every morning he is awake and out the door, giving his all to help us have the things we need. He strives to do above and beyond. More than just putting in his time, Jake desires to push himself to do well and excel. In the heat, when exhausted, when not feeling well, and when unmotivated Jake continues to be there and do what needs to be done. Jake also desires to learn and improve his skills whenever possible, attending school, taking tests and earning certifications to better himself.
This is only a few of the things I love and appriciate about my hubby, my children's daddy... and I feel blessed to have him in our lives! Thank you hunny for all you do for us. I love you and thank God for you! Happy Father's Day!!
For Father's Day we woke up and made breakfast and let daddy sleep in and relax. Nathaniel and Landon helped and had a great time! First they both got to crack and prepare the eggs to be scrambled.. adding cheese to make them yummy!

Landon helped his mommy to stir the batter for the pancakes...


and Nathaniel loved helping to flip them and watch for them to finish


We did a good job together! and it was Yummy!!


Later in the day we all packed up and went over to Aunt Lauren and Uncle Brant's house with Nana, Grandpop, lots of cousins and Aunts and Uncles for a delicious cookout meal. We spent lots of time chatting, visiting and hanging out together and then headed home... after making one last pit stop. The day ended with a special suprise that I blogged about HERE.
This day has taken on new meaning over the last 4 years now that we have children of our own but will always be a day with some sadness... Today is a day I especially miss my daddy. It has been 17 years since we spent a Father's Day with him and I hate that he is not here celebrating with us and spending time with his grandkids. This year my daddy is spending a special Father's Day with his grandson, Brayden... and I know that he is getting lots of Father's Day hugs and love! What a celebration it must be! I love you Daddy... and can't wait to see you again! Happy Father's Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment