Wednesday, March 24, 2010

18

This past Saturday, March 20th was a very significant day for my family.

A month and a half before my twelth birthay, in 1992, my dad died in a work related accident and went to Heaven to be with Jesus.




It was one of the hardest days of my life.
It rocked our world, and changed the course of our family.... forever.
This year marked eighteen years, he's been gone... 18!! Wow!


Such a hard thing to comprehend. I remember that day like it was yesterday.
I still miss him so much.
I still wish so desperately he was here to be apart of our future. To have been here for al of lives exciting (and diffcult) events. To have met his incredible grandkids, to have taught us all to appriciate music even more, to remind us always to laugh.

Yet life has moved on.
Soooo much has changed and we have all grown up.
My mom is remarried. I have a step father and 3 new siblings (:
We now live 8 hours away and each have families of our own.
Saturday was also a special day in a very different way.

11 years ago, in 1999, Jake and I made a decision to begin something together....



We began to sponsor a little boy named Mohamed Abeid. Mohamed lives with his family in Tanzania, Africa.



What makes Mohamed special is that he was born on the same day that my dad went to Heaven. March 20, 1992.



One of the things that comforted me that most after loosing my dad was remembering that Life begins and life ends. God gives life, and he ends life. It's a cyle we are all a part of.

It may be hard for others to understand, but for me it was comforting and special to know that I could help and support this little boy, who God chos to give life to, the same day tht he chose to take my dad to his heavenly home. Mohamed may not make it through this life, without sponsorship, and we were able to be apart of that plan.... pretty amazing.


Through the years we have kept in touch with Mohamed, watched him grow, and mature. Kept up with his studies and been amazed as his handwriting, and artistic abilities have improved greatly. He know writes us his own letters and draws wonderful pictures for us. It has been a wonderful journey to have been a part of.


Last Saturday, March 20, 2010, Mohamed turned 18 years old. He has grown into a handsome young man. Our little boy, is not so little anymore... and we are proud to have him as part of our family... and honored to havebeen able to be apart of his life.



Happy 18th Birthday Mohamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment